“Whats the heaviest thing on your rack? Answer: your rope!”
The frictional drag that a rope can exert on you, particularly on a long and winding pitch, can be so strong as to actually make upward progress almost impossible. Sure, if youve had the foresight to extend that crucial runner below the roof with a long sling, youre halfway there, but once youre trucking up the final headwall, forearms dangerously pumped, and a few more runners placed here and there as the line of the route twists about, it feels like youre dragging an elephant behind you. In practice, a Revolver placed at changes of direction on a long pitch can prevent that heavy harness feeling.
The Revolver also has a further interesting function. It can be used in rescue situations as a pulley. And for added security.
Were not suggesting that you should climb exclusively on Revolver quickdraws, far from it, but it does make sense to have at least a couple on your rack.
* Important product note: Those carabiners are cosmetic seconds, which means that they are cosmetically blemished in some way and could not be sold by the manufacturer for full retail value. The cosmetic second does not affect their safety, durability, or functionality. Most people will not see the difference between a cosmetic second and a standard. The most obvious cosmetic blemish will be a tiny scratch over the color or an offset engraving or brand logo. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Unique pulley wheel design biner
- Used to reduce rope drag
- Used in a rescue situation as a pulley
- Used for hauling
- Wire gate to save weight (51g)
- Shrouded nose to reduce snagging