Its not easy improving on a super lightweight biner like the Phantom, but that was the goal when DMM started to design the Alpha Light.
They wanted all the weight advantages of the Phantom, but with better handling and a bigger gate opening. So they kinked the backbone to increase the gate opening and put a grooved pattern on the outside of the biner under the natural holding positions.
The functionality improvements did not end there though – a clean nose design was also added to reduce snagging when clipping or unclipping.
- Ultra lightweight clean nosed wire gate biner
- Strong and super lightweight I-Beam construction
- Safer, deeper rope basket
- Easy to handle, grippy groove on back and front of the biner
- Generous 8.5mm rope radius
- Clean nose profile to reduce snagging
- 32g each
- 25mm gate opening
- Come in 6 colors to match cams (silver, purple, green, red, yellow and blue)