Versatile, functional and innovative, the new DMM Pivot is a modern belay device that caters for modern belaying techniques with modern ropes. Meticulously researched and developed to provide optimum performance both belaying from the harness, and direct from the anchor. The Pivot provides smooth paying out, a secure and confident catch, and controlled lowering.
The head turner is the innovative pivot – this patent pending solution shifts the lever arrangement to allow controlled and easily initiated lowering when used in guide/direct mode. Even with a weighty second, the belayer can lower one, both, or either second with total control using the specially shaped biner cavity. Once the top is reached, the Pivot will be a trustworthy abseil partner for the return to the base. Perfect for alpine, winter, and multi-pitch trad. All of these features are wrapped up in a package weighing only 72g.
* Important product note: Those belay device are cosmetic seconds, which means that they are cosmetically blemished in some way and could not be sold by the manufacturer for full retail value. The cosmetic second does not affect their safety, durability, or functionality. Most people will not see the difference between a cosmetic second and a standard. The most obvious cosmetic blemish will be a tiny scratch over the color or an offset engraving or brand logo. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Multi-use lightweight belay device
- Pivot ensures easy rope control, especially when lowering in guide mode
- Suitable for ropes from 7.3mm to 11mm. Optimised for 8mm to 10.5mm
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device
- Only 72g